Statistics say that approximately 25% of the heat in a structure escapes through the walls. In warmer countries, this might not make much of a difference, but in colder climate countries such as Canada, 25% makes a huge difference. That is where external wall insulation and internal wall cavity insulation come in and balance the temperatures in residential and commercial structures. Families need to invest in foil insulation for walls because when there is a lack of interior wall insulation, the air from outside can invade the home and create an imbalance of temperatures, causing the HVAC systems to overstress in the long run. Ideally, most bubble wrap wall insulation is added by wall cavity insulation manufacturers during construction, but it is possible to add them later on as well.
Insulapack’s Wall Cavity Insulation comes pre-cut already and can be found in sizes of 48”, 24”, or 16” strips, so they fit between standard studs. You can choose the size based on your needs and have them custom cut per your specifications.
Here are some of the other features of Insulapack’s wall cavity bubble insulation:
- Cut holes for wires or other hardware that must protrude through
- Fit snugly into place
- R10.6 per inch
- Insulapack™ is a multi-layered, laminated plastic cellular material filled with insulating dry air bubbles complete with a metalized reflective outer layer that provides a very high thermal resistance (R-value) to insulate walls and ceilings, mechanical ductwork, and piping.
- The outer metallic foil layer of Insulapack™ ensures that the product will not provide radiant heat transfer, and its plastic cellular construction makes the product impervious to humidity.
- The dry insulating air within the green-colored plastic cells is inert, non-reactive, and not flammable.
- The multi-laminated plastic cells will not leak, and the material has been aged tested to perform effectively or a minimum of 20 years.
- This material ensures extremely low water vapor permeance acting as a vapor barrier and will not corrode.
- Resists mold and will not provide a nesting environment for animals and insects
- Insulapack’s™ Acoustic sheets provide for an STC rating of 65
Tested and meets all ULC/UL requirements for wall cavities
- Extremely lightweight
- It does not adsorb/absorb moisture
- UL & ULC Certified
Are you ready to discuss your insulation needs? Get in touch with us now to begin.